We pay lot of attention to everything in life. Try to ensure that all the things are in place. Want to leave a mark of ours on the life. If it is for ourselves it would be okay. But slowly we start insisting others also to be in line with our thinking.
Here is a powerful incident which changed a little of me and made me to rethink of MY WAY.
A few years back we had a very friendly neighbor. He was old. Started his work as a petty shop assistant, then became the owner of his own petty shop. But never he had any petty thoughts and always ensured that he grew.
Over a period of time, he saw tremendous success in his business. He lived all his life in tiny houses, never spent a single rupee on something unnecessary. He had a luxury allergy (allergic to luxury). He lived a simple life even Gandhi would be envious of.
His sons got into business slowly. They too were successful. One night it dawned to him that all his co businessmen are living a descent life but it is he who is making even his children and grand children to suffer because of his OWN WAY OF THINKING.
Though he never shared as to what caused this drastic change in his thinking or i am not too sure whether there was a banyan tree in his house to get him the enlightenment, but everybody in his house felt too happy about the change.
As a first step he started constructing a luxurious home in the place of the "about to collapse house he lived for one more than a half century.
When everybody has a habit of talking about how many bed rooms a house has got, somehow this old man replaced the bed room parameter with bathroom. He kept on telling everyone that this house has five bathrooms.
Money makes many things possible, it took just seven months for the house with five bathrooms to be completed.
We too were present in the house warming ceremony.
His family seemed to be very happy and he too looked very satisfied on that day.
After a week he came to house and was sharing how happy his people are, and how great the house was. I too was happy that at least he is enjoying his money in his old age.
A month later I happen to go their house. House looked great, but people were not !
I could not understand what went wrong within a month. That evening I got the answer when this old man came to our house.
He started narrating his problems. He had a lot of belief in vastu. While constructing the house he had a mental picture as to which son will be occupying what bed room (bath room in his language).
Unaware of this all the three sons (joint family) had their own way of decorating their own bedrooms. Once the house is finished our old man started this vastu presentation and insisted that everybody should live according to his dictum. Nobody liked this. There started the BIG FIGHT. It was silent fight initially, later it grew into noisy fight.
Earlier they were living in a about to collapse house, now they are living with collapsed relationships.
I tried telling him with all my scientific, logical, mythological, devotional logic that he can leave those bathrooms to their choice. But he had a superior way of thinking which never accepted all this.
The same scenario continued for two more weeks. One fine morning all his sons and their families purposefully planned and went for a long tour leaving this old man and his wife in the house.
They needed a break and he too deserved a break.
I met him again. He was not happy anymore. He felt bad for his children behavior. Kept on complaining.
After three days early in the morning I saw big crowd in front of his house. When I rushed in, I found him lying in a freezer box lifeless. His sons were yet to come from the tour. I too was motionless for some time.
The person who argued a lot about how the house to be used is no more. His last days were not his happiest days.
Life seems to be permanent to everybody when they are alive. It's a minute or a few seconds that would separate the body and life. Then no more I am a husband to a wife, father to a child, employee of a company, owner of house or anything else. I don't know what I am.
Only one question came to my mind: Do we need to be so particular about each thing in life, can't we enjoy the life as it comes (while putting our effort) ???
Here is a powerful incident which changed a little of me and made me to rethink of MY WAY.
A few years back we had a very friendly neighbor. He was old. Started his work as a petty shop assistant, then became the owner of his own petty shop. But never he had any petty thoughts and always ensured that he grew.
Over a period of time, he saw tremendous success in his business. He lived all his life in tiny houses, never spent a single rupee on something unnecessary. He had a luxury allergy (allergic to luxury). He lived a simple life even Gandhi would be envious of.
His sons got into business slowly. They too were successful. One night it dawned to him that all his co businessmen are living a descent life but it is he who is making even his children and grand children to suffer because of his OWN WAY OF THINKING.
Though he never shared as to what caused this drastic change in his thinking or i am not too sure whether there was a banyan tree in his house to get him the enlightenment, but everybody in his house felt too happy about the change.
As a first step he started constructing a luxurious home in the place of the "about to collapse house he lived for one more than a half century.
When everybody has a habit of talking about how many bed rooms a house has got, somehow this old man replaced the bed room parameter with bathroom. He kept on telling everyone that this house has five bathrooms.
Money makes many things possible, it took just seven months for the house with five bathrooms to be completed.
We too were present in the house warming ceremony.
His family seemed to be very happy and he too looked very satisfied on that day.
After a week he came to house and was sharing how happy his people are, and how great the house was. I too was happy that at least he is enjoying his money in his old age.
A month later I happen to go their house. House looked great, but people were not !
I could not understand what went wrong within a month. That evening I got the answer when this old man came to our house.
He started narrating his problems. He had a lot of belief in vastu. While constructing the house he had a mental picture as to which son will be occupying what bed room (bath room in his language).
Unaware of this all the three sons (joint family) had their own way of decorating their own bedrooms. Once the house is finished our old man started this vastu presentation and insisted that everybody should live according to his dictum. Nobody liked this. There started the BIG FIGHT. It was silent fight initially, later it grew into noisy fight.
Earlier they were living in a about to collapse house, now they are living with collapsed relationships.
I tried telling him with all my scientific, logical, mythological, devotional logic that he can leave those bathrooms to their choice. But he had a superior way of thinking which never accepted all this.
The same scenario continued for two more weeks. One fine morning all his sons and their families purposefully planned and went for a long tour leaving this old man and his wife in the house.
They needed a break and he too deserved a break.
I met him again. He was not happy anymore. He felt bad for his children behavior. Kept on complaining.
After three days early in the morning I saw big crowd in front of his house. When I rushed in, I found him lying in a freezer box lifeless. His sons were yet to come from the tour. I too was motionless for some time.
The person who argued a lot about how the house to be used is no more. His last days were not his happiest days.
Life seems to be permanent to everybody when they are alive. It's a minute or a few seconds that would separate the body and life. Then no more I am a husband to a wife, father to a child, employee of a company, owner of house or anything else. I don't know what I am.
Only one question came to my mind: Do we need to be so particular about each thing in life, can't we enjoy the life as it comes (while putting our effort) ???
No comments:
Post a Comment