Blame will not bring results
Recently I was travelling from Chennai to Trichy in a bus. This was probably the first ever A/c bus ever manufactured in the world. The moment it started I felt that I was in some mechanic shop as I could hear all the parts making noise independently and together.
It was cool inside the bus in the hot chennai summer.
An hour gone bye and suddenly the cool air gone. Thought that the driver switched off the A/c.
It's not the driver but the bus itself switched off the A/c on it's own.So A/c is gone.
Since it is an A/c bus all the windows are closed. Started sweating.
One more hour gone... slowly getting adapted to the sweat. Sleep was trying to take over the despite the humid and hot condition inside.
Suddenly life seemed to be a lot peaseful. No sounds bus was silent. Now the engine is gone.
Getting up in the middle of the sleep is a gradual process to many and i am not an exception.
But suddenly somebody was shouting. When the voices became loud and abusive I could no more sleep. Somebody was fighting with somebody.
When I got down from the bus I found two groups of people fighting with each other. A careful observation (since it is too dark out there) revealed that there are no outside decoits but it is our bus passengers in two groups fighting with each other.
The topic was clear after a while. One group is arguing against the Govt (that runs the buses) SETC (transport corporation) transport ministry and all other involved in running the bus. Their argument is about how bad the buses are managed.
The other group is pro-govt and arguing against the first group. In the dark I could see two people standing at a distance enjoying their smoke. I too went there to find out who these matured human beings not participating in the quarrel.
To my amazement they are driver and conductor of the bus.
When I asked them what needs to be done so that the bus will start again, they smiled and told a shocking news we have to push the bus.
I asked them in my broken tamil whether the same is told to the fighter passengers.
"Yes it was told and after that only they started fighting."
I remembered the video that I saw sometime back in one of the training sessions.
It featured a kid who took the responsibility to push a tree that blocked the road and started pushing it alone.
I just invited the conductor to join me in pushing the bus. He agreed. Driver entered the bus and sat in the seat.
Me and the conductor started pushing the bus. Both sides of fighters started watching us. The bus did not move at all. But the movement in the fighters got reduced.
Slowly one by one came. After five minutes of lonely pushing, now we have company of another ten people to push.
The bus started and our journey started.
When we have problem at hand why should we create more problems by arguing....
Getting up in the middle of the sleep is a gradual process to many and i am not an exception.
But suddenly somebody was shouting. When the voices became loud and abusive I could no more sleep. Somebody was fighting with somebody.
When I got down from the bus I found two groups of people fighting with each other. A careful observation (since it is too dark out there) revealed that there are no outside decoits but it is our bus passengers in two groups fighting with each other.
The topic was clear after a while. One group is arguing against the Govt (that runs the buses) SETC (transport corporation) transport ministry and all other involved in running the bus. Their argument is about how bad the buses are managed.
The other group is pro-govt and arguing against the first group. In the dark I could see two people standing at a distance enjoying their smoke. I too went there to find out who these matured human beings not participating in the quarrel.
To my amazement they are driver and conductor of the bus.
When I asked them what needs to be done so that the bus will start again, they smiled and told a shocking news we have to push the bus.
I asked them in my broken tamil whether the same is told to the fighter passengers.
"Yes it was told and after that only they started fighting."
I remembered the video that I saw sometime back in one of the training sessions.
It featured a kid who took the responsibility to push a tree that blocked the road and started pushing it alone.
I just invited the conductor to join me in pushing the bus. He agreed. Driver entered the bus and sat in the seat.
Me and the conductor started pushing the bus. Both sides of fighters started watching us. The bus did not move at all. But the movement in the fighters got reduced.
Slowly one by one came. After five minutes of lonely pushing, now we have company of another ten people to push.
The bus started and our journey started.
When we have problem at hand why should we create more problems by arguing....
No comments:
Post a Comment